We field many questions regarding how to clean and care for your suspenders. We always recommend hand washing the webbing on your suspenders and not the leather ends or gator clip waist attachments. It’s important to note that you always want to be gentle when washing and to do it as little as possible.
Steps for Hand Washing:
- Fill a sink with warm water
- Add a mild detergent to the water
- Gently wash the elastic on your suspenders
- Rinse with cool water
- Allow the elastic to air dry. Do NOT put your suspenders in the dryer.
- If the leather ends or clips get wet, simply towel dry them to ensure no rusting or discoloration occurs.
Some other tips:
- We never recommend washing suspenders in a washing machine, but if you feel inclined to do so, please place them in a mesh bag, wash on gentle cycle, use cool water with mild detergent (no bleach) and always air dry.
- Tide pens (or a similar product) work great on small spots or stains
- Leather ends can be cleaned using a leather cleaner product to maintain a natural sheen and durability